“You can save your friends or you can save us all”
Let me start by saying this: If you have not seen the first two Maze Runner movies you will be lost. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WATCH THIS MOVIE IF YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE FIRST TWO!
*takes deep breath*
The Death Cure is the perfect finale for a series that had me on the edge of my seat. This movie brings all of my emotions out. I found myself excited, angry, sad and surprised all wrapped up in one. Some of the highlighted moments are:
- Newt has the Flair (and I almost cried when he dies)
- Teresa redeems herself for her disloyalty but I couldn’t forgive her. I still hate her.
- Galle is alive. We all saw Minho kill him, yes? Yes, we did.
- Not only is Thomas immune but his blood is the cure.
- Ava Paige gives up once the virus becomes airborn.
- Jansen has the Flair (thank the Heavens)
The movie was really good. Since I haven’t completed the third book, I loved the movie. Thomas and the crew are super bad ass in this movie. Now, I will say this, it’s a little bloated when it comes to certain events in the movie like them highjacking a WCKD plane and train or the fact that Thomas still has love for Teresa. Although I understand that people develop skills over time, THEY HIGHJACKED A PLANE.. NOT BUYING IT! And, they do this TWICE in the movie.
I was very proud of the actors in this finale although it took them forever to get the movie done. Out of the three, the mystery of the first film is what truly made me a fan and the action of the last film was definitely worth the watch.
Rating: 4/5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
LEAVE A COMMENT OF YOUR THOUGHTS AND THE MOVIE YOU WANT ME TO REVIEW NEXT!